Saturday, June 11, 2011

Random Ramblings

Extremely random and scattered thoughts... the way my brain usually works!:)

- So much for summer schedules allowing for more blogging - definitely doesn't seem to be happening!

- Hubs got me  a Kindle for our anniversary (totally surprised me!) First book I added - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond. HIGHLY recommend it! For those of you who don't know, Drummond is the author of The Pioneer Woman blog. I have to admit, I have never read the blog, but after loving her book, I have a feeling I might have to start.

- Any recommendations for what to read on my Kindle next? I might have to re-read the Help, because it just that good. I am previewing Girl with the Dragon Tatoo presently.

- Speaking of blogs, I love my Google Reader! I have no idea how on earth people keep up with blogs (or survive without them) without their Reader set up. If you haven't done it - you must!


- It feels like forever since I have been back home! Its been almost two months (long time for me and my family!) We are going back next weekend, and I am very excited.

- My baby sister is turning 15 years old next week?!?!? How is this possible!?!?! I am NOT old enough for her to be this old!

- We spent Memorial Day Weekend with our college ministry's Alumni in Pigeon Forge for our Alumni Reunion. It was the first time we rented a place for all of us to stay together. It was great! My mom and only one of my brothers were the only two family members who were able to join us. Which means I got  my mommy all to myself for nearly 3 days and 2 nights! I think the last time this happened was the week preceding my first brother Daniels birth 25 years ago!:)

- I just requested an invitation to Pinterest - this could become an unhealthy obsession. You really should check it out.

- One of our college girls is living with us for the summer. I feel like we see her less now that she is living with us then we did over this past year. Again, our summer schedules have not been slow, laid back, or relaxed, so much. She is a great girl... oh and see is single - know any great guys needing a great girl!?!?:)

- I am really hoping the rain holds off today - girlfriend needs some serious sun tanning going on. For real!

- I also need to go bathing suit shopping... especially before we go to the beach in August. My "main" suit I have had for 10 years, at least. I kid you not.

- I also really need to get my bridesmaids dress for my brothers wedding in September - eek! Maybe when I am home next weekend...

- As much as I love our college students, I am really enjoying getting to go to a "grown up" bible study this summer, with other married couples!:)

- I have had several employees out on vacation, and one seriously ill supervisor (she needs lots of prayers!), which is making work insane (especially for the summer months!) I am exhausted at the end of  the working day, which is one of the main things putting a damper on my blogging mojo.

- My heart keeps breaking for my blogging friend, Amy. So many of us are praying incessantly for you to finally experience the joys of motherhood. Amy is an incredible writer, blogger, encourager, fitness freak, etc... you really should follow her blog!

- On a happer note, I am loving watching another blogging friend, Josey's growing baby bump!:)

- I have finally/successfully cut out all caffeine from my diet! I have suffered with moderately severe headaches since I was 6 years old. No rhyme or reason to them really. I have always read that while caffeine can help headaches, a lot of doctors recommend you cut it out of your diet if you have consistent headaches. I have gone about 6 weeks without any, and as much as I hate to admit it - I have been headache free! Part of it, I know, is just the time of year, but still! But decaf coffee just is NOT the real deal. I bought some flavored decaf last night, and its currently brewing... hoping it tastes a bit more like the real thing.

- At this point, these ramblings are really just an excuse I am using to avoid housework... yes, LAME I realize!

In closing, I will leave you with pictures of the shadow box I made for Jared in honor of our anniversary - sort of a picture/story of our lives together so far.








I couldn't get a great picture of this unfortunately... One of Jared's bosses was kind enough to help me commandeer some CAT stuff for the shadow box. He randomly selected this piece, which is the exact make and model of first piece of equipment Jared sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment