Monday, October 31, 2011

25 and 26 weeks

my mom took these pictures, of various family member's hands, feeling Ellie's kicks and punches


I have been awful about keeping up with changes and taking pictures these past two weeks! I have taken a ton of pictures at several events, but I was always behind the lens, and don't have any good belly shots. 

Pregnancy Facts and Figures:

Size of baby: Elliott Faith is the size of a an English Cucumber, ~14-15" long.Weighing in at ~ 1 2/3-2lbs

Total Weight Gain: haven't been keeping up with my weekly weigh-ins as regularly as I had been. I think I am up 12 lbs.

Clothes: Maternity jeans, regular yoga or athletic pants. Combination of maternity and regular shirts.

Gender: It's a girl! Elliott Faith Ross. We will probably start out calling her either Ellie or Elle

Movement: She has definitely been growing a TON these past two weeks, so her movements are more cramped but have a lot more oomph behind them! :)

Sleep: Back in touch with my one and only talent - my ability to sleep!

Cravings: still, HONEY CRISP APPLES! Can NOT get enough of these yummy things!!! And CHEESE!

Symptoms: Weeks 24-26 have been my best so far. I think mainly I am just getting used to the stretching ligaments, pulling muscles, and exhaustion... its becoming my new normal.

Highlight and Lowlight: This one is combined this post. Week 26 brought the biggest growth spurt yet! I swear my abdomen doubled in size from Monday-Friday. A fact my co-workers have confirmed. There is no denying I am definitely pregnant now, no matter what I wear. I am still carrying her really low, and by the end of the day, there is so much  pressure down there, all I want to do is curl up in a ball. At least, she isn't up under my ribs, making it hard to breathe... yet. Also, I was ran a few errands this week, and every time was asked if my due date was November-Decemberish? Ha! Nope, end of January, and I am just hoping she is here by Valentine's day! Which of course then brings the inevitable comment, "you sure there is just one in there?"

Fun Fact: We back to the doctor this week for my glucose tolerance test (ok that part is NOT so fun) but we also get a little 3D/4D ultrasound sneak peek,  just cause... my new doctor, midwives,  and their staff are just that awesome !:) My mom might even be in town for the preview! Oh, and next weekend, our college students are hosting our first baby shower!



2 comments:

  1. You have a DEFINITE baby bump, but not one that begs the question of TWINS for goodness sakes!! I've never understood people that ask that question, since it basically insinuates the woman looks big. I mean, c'mon! You look beautiful!

    I bought stock in honeycrisp last week b/c I've been buying so many of them. :)

    ReplyDelete