Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The first day of the rest of our lives

Today is our 3rd anniversary. Unfortunately, Jared is out of town all week on a business trip. We celebrated this past weekend - it was perfect! As much as I wish we could be together today, I am so blessed with a relationship that doesn't require mere physical closeness in proximity to maintain our "oneness." Here is a glimpse at the cards we exchanged.

His to me:
Let's promise to always take care of our love, to never forget the laughter and smiles we've created in each other's hearts... To look beyond the little things that sometimes come between us, so that nothing can stand in the way of the closeness we share....
Let's promise to believe a little longer, to hope a little deeper than any doubts or fears that find us. And let's promise never to take for granted our quiet times together, when just being in each other's arms feels so very right and nothing in this world matters more than our lasting love.

Mine to him:
You are the one for me... the one I laugh and cry with, the one who shares my hopes and dreams... the one I love.
Since God brought you into my life you have always been the one... making the hard times better, and the good times sweeter.
I look forward to every new year the Lord gives us to walk  and talk and just be together.
You are my best friend and my heart's treasure. You will always been my true love.

Here is a progression of our relationship - in pictures and "meaningful conversations."

When we said "I love you," for the first time... on the Chimney Tops



After he proposed on the Chimney Tops... and I said yes:)




Then it was time become Mr. and Mrs!










communion

A prayer and a song "Be thou my vision"

Then we spoke the most important words we had ever spoken to each other.


I, Jared, take you, Amy, to be my wedded wife. With deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful husband. Always will I perform my headship over you even as Christ does over me, knowing that His Lordship is one of the holiest desires for my life. I promise you my deepest love, my fullest devotion, my tenderest care. I promise I will live first unto God rather than others. I promise that I will lead our lives into a life of faith and hope in Christ Jesus. Ever honoring God's guidance by His spirit through the Word, And so throughout life, no matter what may lie ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful husband. 


I, Amy, take you, Jared, to be my wedded husband. With deepest joy I come into my new life with you. As you have pledged to me your life and love, so I too happily give you my life, and in confidence submit myself to your headship as to the Lord. As is the church in her relationship to Christ, so I will be to you. Jared, I will live first unto our God and then unto you, loving you, obeying you, caring for you and ever seeking to please you. God has prepared me for you and so I will ever strengthen, help, comfort, and encourage you. Therefore, throughout life, no matter what may be ahead of us, I pledge to you my life as an obedient and faithful wife. 

my brothers thought they would be funny...

and assist in the wedding kiss by bringing a step stool up on stage:)

it caused a good laugh

Finally, hubs and wifey:)

Probably the happiest I will ever be!:)

And just because this is so us and (I think) freaking hysterical:)
wedding night fun:)



I lovest you the mostest, Hubs! 
Here's to many more anniversaries to come, and fun times to be had!







No comments:

Post a Comment